Monday, May 26, 2008

¡In Guatemala!

We just arrived in Guatemala City and I´m having worlds of trouble with this keyboard. The shift key is different, like very old keyboards in the states, and the @ symbol requires a key stroke. The keyboard is ççç ... muy diferente. I keep making a funny symbol when I want to capitalize things.

The place here is amazing. Very old, stucco-like building. I gave the man one US dollar and he gave me a half hour of internet and two quetzales in return. I don´t know how that translates. We get breakfast in the morning, which is pretty "dulce", which means "sweet".

Tomorrow morning we hop a bus for a four hour ride further into the mountains, to our town Xela. I´m really excited.

2 comments:

Ona said...

I will try this again.

Ona said...

Ok I got this to work finally. I am so glad you are there. Good luck with your Spanish. Will teach your dad and bro how to use this thing called a blog. I am working at school or will be after I finish this and got my radio set up. They went to Wagner to sell cows and bulls so life goes on. They got up a 5:30 to meet with the brand inspector. Take care lots of love.